Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thoughts

I was thinking over what my Aiedail mentioned about the sabbath. I have been thinking about it so much I'm having trouble sleeping. First off i apologise for letting my ego get the better of me the other night. So please forgive me. But as i said i have been up all night thinking and i needed somewhere to put these thoughts. I have found things saying we do not need to keep the Sabbath and some saying we should. But I'm curious as to why so many people don't want to follow the sabbath. Even if we don't HAVE to follow it anymore according to the new testament. We might not HAVE to, but maybe its something he leaves up to us. Just as a parent with a child. Just because they don't enforce something anymore doesn't mean they don't want you to do it. Maybe He just wants us to do something for him without being told to do so. I have also come to a new way of thinking on the sabbath. This world is the world of Lucifer, ego runs this world as well as greed. Maybe when he says a day of rest he means it not as not doing any work, but taking a day to just stop and listen to what he wants done. For i believe work is alright on the sabbath, but its meant for us to do His work, and not work for ourselves. To me its one day out of the week to just separate ourselves from the hustle and bustle of the everyday of this world, and to show your faith in the Lord. The Bible was not the only thing given to us containing his word, we also have our hearts, and souls to feel what he wants us to do. Just take a day, even if you don't follow the Saturday or Sunday sabbath. Just take a day and feel and act on what He wants, maybe even just take a couple hours, If you feel the urge to go out and teach, do it, if you get the urge to go vacuum the living room, then do that. But whatever you do do it for Him. For even Jesus worked on the sabbath, but what he did he did of the Lord. Whether he taught, or cleaned, or healed, he did it for the Father. So why cant we? Why do we fight so hard taking one day out of our week to do the lords work instead of our own? I just don't get it, but i am not God nor the Son. If i am wrong tell me so, I have told what i feel, but i am in the end only a man, and in being one can make mistakes. Please give me your views on this. Thank you for your time.

5 comments:

  1. As you said this world is ruled by ego. So why do you think it is a fight for others to follow the Sabbath? Even those who are faithful to God find it hard to do His work. It's like a constant battle against our own egos.

    I may not always go to Church, but I take time throughout every day to talk to God and do His work. I read the Word on my own and I have discussions with my mom and other family and Andrew. I am constantly learning more every day. I pray throughout the day. For example, when I pray in thanks for a meal it does not start right before we begin eating. It begins the minute I buy the groceries, prepare the meal, cook the meal, arrange the meal, during the meal, and after the meal. Then it begins again.

    I'm not doing what I'm doing now because I want to and I thought it'd be fun. I am doing it because this is a path that God has put before me and has provided the opportunity to grow and be able to handle this responsibility.

    So why do people find it hard to take just one day out of their busy schedules to celebrate and do God's work? Why only take one day? Why not everyday? Why shouldn't people talk to God everyday and read his Word and listen to God everyday?

    People get so caught up and blind by they're wants and desires and the chaos around them. To listen to God they have to become aware of their blindness and admit to themselves of their blindness. Many people live their whole lives without realizing that they walked blind the whole time. Sad really. But think about it. Look at those around you. Watch. Listen.

    Though as you said, I am only human. I could also be wrong. So if you disagree that is ok. You being en composite of all readers and author, just F.Y.I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't mind the long response. I was on a role :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree entirely, i always live as you could say "in constant contact" with the Lord. I haven't always, but for a long time now i have. I've learned if you let him in to everything you do every decision, life gets, well I'm not sure if "easier" is the right word, but "clearer". I have also found im sent or made to do things that are meant to get other people somewhere they need to be. Like my at first seemingly stupid trip to Georgia, if i hadn't gone (i wont go into details but)a lot of things would of happened that i think were meant to. But my family has always kind of had that effect. I am very glad to hear you have a close relationship with the Lord. You have always been a very wise woman. I hope i get jump started on my path again soon, in some ways i am, but whenever i go out and try to get moving the Lord just tells me to wait, so wait is what ill do. If you free time sometimes you know your always welcome, and this is a subject im always happy to discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. The English language is hard to use to describe many things one wishes to express :) I understand. You are doing good David. I have known you for 8 years now (Wow, that's such a long time!) and you have grown and gone far in those years. You are moving and doing, which many have not/ are not. It's interesting where the Lord takes you even if you are not aware until after the fact. :) Yes, I do know I'm always welcome, but it is good to hear you voice it again... Refresh the invitation. As are you in my home.

    ReplyDelete